11.10.2010

The use of English in ING
1) Present Perfect Continuous - such action is ongoing top involving one elapsed time, usually using SINCE and FOR
I have been waiting for you for two hours (since 7 o'clock)
I've been keeping this secret since I was a child.
2) Past Perfect Continuous - is an ongoing action in the past before another action in the past.
She Had Been studying for 2 hours When They got home.
3) Past Continuous - is simply an ongoing action in the past.
I did not go there because it was raining.
We then up the cases that represent the actions in progress.
There are other cases related to the verbs and other grammatical classes:
Verbs:
4) We use the verb with ING after a preposition. But the meaning, or any translation, still in the infinitive:
She is tired of walking.
I am Interested in studying French.
5) We used after some verbs
They Avoid talking to her When He is near.
She stopped reading When he got home.
I can not stand watching this!
6) As a subject of the sentence:
Learning Inglês is wonderful.
Smoking is not good for your health.
Other:
7) adjective
The movie was frightening!
I had a tiring day yesterday.
8) noun
What a wonderful building!

Fonte: http://inglesnapontadalingua.blogspot.com/2008/08/o-uso-de-ing-em-ingls.html

Postado por Ana Clara e Ronaldo Mansur

No comments:

Post a Comment